08 September 2008

If I Had A Spare Few Grand

Flipping through Harper's Bazaar this afternoon I came across this ad for the Italian fashion house, Iceberg (I know, I was surprised to find out it was an Italian company. I figured from the name it was at least Swedish).

I think I must have gasped out loud when I saw this bag because Evan asked, "Are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine." I answered slightly breathily, "I just saw a picture of a purse that I really like." Just then Flynn, who wasn't really paying attention to this conversation piped up, "Purse? What purse? I want to see the picture of the purse!" and she scrambled from where she was sitting in the family room to where I was at the kitchen table in record time (mention the words "purse" or "handbag" or "tote bag" in my daughter's presence and she's libel to go a bit nutty). She took a look at the above picture, looked at me and said, "It's like a comic book purse. We should get it for Daddy for his birthday." Evan sauntered over to take a look, "What's the big deal? It's just a purse. I guess it's kinda cool since it looks like a comic book but there are no pictures. They should put pictures on it."

I covet this bag exactly because it has that funky, cool comic book graphic lettering. I like, no love, the juxtaposition between the casual feel of the graphics and the structured look of the bag.

There's no price listed in the ad or on the website. I guess if you have to ask, you can't afford it but my estimation is this bag costs at the very least $1,500 (it's handmade).

Ah, it's nice to dream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest: spoonflower; some purse handles; part of an afternoon. And then use the $1475 you've just saved on something fun!!

Amy said...

It is super cute! You would look so sassy wearing it =)

SunnyD said...

Mmm, I bet you could find someone at Etsy who might be able to give it a go for you. :-)

If you don't want to venture down that road yourself.

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Maybe Target will carry a knock-off!