26 September 2008

Aw, Shucks.

Yesterday I was poking around on the computer, checking up on the other blogs I read regularly when, to my surprise, Harley Quinn over at Homestead HQ gave me this:

She also wrote some very kind words about me. I'm not entirely sure I can live up to the praise (Me? Cool and stylish?), but it's certainly appreciated. A little ego stroking is always a good thing. Really, I was gobsmacked and a bit giddy.

Even before Harley lauded me, I read her posts with an appreciation of her honesty, kindness, humor, and total love for her two completely adorable children.

We haven't had many opportunities to get together in person, but hopefully that will change.

I guess I'll spread the love around. I think all of my favorite locals have been feted with this award already so I'll gift the following:

Go check out Jinjur. Sarah is a wonder woman of sorts: among her varied talents she's an expert seamstress (she may say differently, but trust me she's a genius with a needle and thread), cook, artist, and writer. Oh, and she's a mom to boot. Her site never fails to inspire and she's cheered me on to projects I probably wouldn't tackle otherwise (like sewing pajamas and candy making). I've been a fan of Sarah's work (and that of her husband and partner Evan Dorkin) for a long, long time and it's been sheer pleasure getting to know her. If there weren't like 2,000 miles between her home and mine I'd totally want to share a cup of coffee with her, while listening to the Aquabats or Puffy AmiYumi, because she's just so freaking cool. And I like her shoes.

I've raved before about how much I adore Stacy. So, head on over to Olive Loaf Design, a site consisting mainly of art, local (i.e., Chicago) and elsewhere, that inspires Stacy. She also showcases her own artwork. Stacy is the queen of papier-mache; she makes these funky flying pigs and other things. I don't know if there are enough good adjectives to describe her, so I'll just let you figure it out for yourself. I'm just happy to call her my friend.

If you'd like to tell some one how much you like their blog, the participation rules are simple:

1. If you get tagged (and want to play along), write a post with links to blogs that you love, then
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yea! Glad to see pass along the love =)

Sorry for the inconvience with the link to your blog, but this is my new blog address.

Anonymous said...

well i'm slow on the uptake lately! thank you everso for the lovely shout-out! and right back attcha lady (there being too many adjectives to describe your awesomeness!) hugs!