19 March 2008

Baby Quilt No. 2 Done!


This quilt is for a friend due next month with baby number 4, a girl. She has 3 boys, her oldest being one of my son's best friends. So, Tami, if you're reading this - surprise!

The quilt is 36"x36", backed with super-soft white fleece and quilted with alternating light and hot pink embroidery thread. The binding is a baby pink satin. I thought about binding the quilt with a hot pink satin (that I love), but went for the softer pink. Since this is Tami's first girl child I wanted to make the blanket very girly and sweet. I think it's a success.


I have to say, I love these two fabrics together. They just remind me of an English garden party circa 1900. Very feminine and soft with the cascading roses in light pink, dark pink and pale yellow. I like the way the green gingham picks up the green in the rose pattern, too.

Now on to baby quilt No. 3 - made with the "Nerds Rock!" fabric.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute. I keep meaning to learn to quilt. I even bought a beginner's book. Of course, I should probably learn to sew first!

At this point I think I'm very clever to hold onto the extra buttons that come with clothing. Not that I've ever done anything with them.