01 January 2009

The Best Way To Ring In 2009

Yesterday after a fun-filled afternoon of bowling with my sister, her family and some friends, Frank decamped to the bedroom. He was sick, something he's been fighting since Christmas only this time it was intestinal (ewwww).

So the kids and I readied ourselves for a New Year's celebration that involved a picnic in the family room and Evan eating his weight in shrimp cocktail. After we changed into our jammies, we piled on the couch to watch the peerless Pee Wee's Big Adventure, one of my all-time favorite movies. The kids love the Pee Wee almost as much as I do and I can't think of a better way to welcome 2009 than watching Evan and Flynn dance along to this scene:



When the movie was over we adjourned to my bedroom for a family sleep over.

And I started my first book of the new year just before midnight.

Today we're continuing the celebration by watching the all-day Looney Tunes marathon on Cartoon Network. Frank's feeling much better and is currently building Legos with Evan. Flynn's playing with her new dolls.

So far 2009's turned out pretty good. Hope this bodes well for the other 364 days.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love Pee-Wee too.

"I know you are but what am I?"

"I meant to do that."

A few of my favorite quotes. =)

the sandwich life said...

Ernie,Owen and I watched part of that the other day when it was on tv and I thought the two of them were going to blow a gasket. I have rarely heard Ernie laugh as loud as he does at that movie. Owen and I alternated between laughing at the movie and laughing helplessly at him!

Happy New Year (and congrats on Flynn's tooth!)