24 July 2008

For My Daughter On The Eve Of Her 5th Birthday



When Flynn saw this for the first time her first comment was, "I like the girl's dress and her long hair." 'The girl" is the lovely and talented Kate Pierson from the B-52's. When it was over she wanted to watch it again and again (she now knows the names of the members of R.E.M., one of her mom's favorite groups). And she can shake it like Kate. Yes sir, that's my girl.

We did a comparison between the original video (this one) and the version REM did for Sesame Street, "Shiny Happy Monsters". Flynn preferred the original but said she liked the Sesame Street one too because the "monsters are funny."

Happy Pre-Birthday, Flynnie Roo.

2 comments:

Quigs78 said...

We loved Shiny Happy Monsters, too. :)

Happy Birthday Flynn! Have a super fab day!

Amy said...

I love the B-52's. When I was 11 or 12 years old (I can't remember) we drove all the way from Canada to California in an RV and I listened to the album "Cosmic Thing" the whole, entire, time. It was either that or listen to my dad and his new wife being dorky.

Good taste Flynn & Mom too =)