13 February 2008

Love Love Love

I love them.
I love them.
I love them.

There are days when I repeat that little mantra over and over and over. Days when there is no end to the shit my kids will pull to test the boundaries lovingly cast by me and their father.

Flynn wiped little girl make-up all over the couch (which is a complete bitch to get out of micro-suede, let me tell you).

(deep breath)

I love her.
I love her.
I love her.

Evan called me selfish because I refused to go out and get him a Nintendo DS just because he wants one.

(another deep breath)

I love him.
I love him.
I love him.

Flynn threw a massive temper tantrum (full on kicking, screaming, scratching, shoe-flinging) at Walgreen's because I wouldn't "buy her kid make-up RIGHT NOW!"

(great big huge deep breath)

I love her.
I love her.
I love her.

Evan gave his sister a wedgie then tried to tell me "she started it."

And then they wrap their arms around me and say, "Mommy? You're the best mommy in the whole wide world."

And, oh, how I do love them.
Love them.
Love them.
With that feral tenacity, that wild abandon that overwhelms the anger and brings me to tears.

No comments: