18 November 2007

Pretty Pretties




A couple weeks ago I went to the Kris Kringle arts & crafts fair (or as Flynn called it, "the crap fair") with my sister and aunt (Flynnie, too) with the intention of not buying anything. I'm really not one for country crafts as my tastes tend toward the less cutesy.

I knew I "needed" a nice piece of jewelry to go with the fairly understated dress I wore last night to the C-U Junior League's Festival of Trees Gala. I looked and looked, scrutinizing necklaces, bracelets and earrings peppering Katy and Aunt Cindy with, "What do you think?" or "What about this?".

There were some gorgeous handmade pieces but I was especially taken with the beautiful set pictured above.

The necklace and earrings were made by Pimonpan Nelson, a jewelry maker originally from Thailand who now lives in Crown Point, IN. Each one of her pieces is handmade with amazing attention to detail. My necklace is made with glass Japanese beads that catch the light just so - it's a little sparkle, not too much - with added faceted cat's eye stones at the "knot" of the bow and at the ends. I love the whimsical design which can be dressed up or down and the adjustable chain length. The price wasn't too bad either with the necklace and brown Swarovski crystal earrings costing me grand total of $26.

Check out Pimonpan's website: www.moncreations.com where she exhibits a lot of her stock. You may order from her site and she offers customer design services.

No comments: