29 November 2008

13 Years Or So And Counting

This morning at my mother-in-law's home my daughter responded with the following when asked what she'd like for breakfast, "One of these," as she pointed to a chocolate covered graham cracker, "with whip cream on top."

Me: Uh, no, try again. No cookies for breakfast.

Flynn: That's NOT a cookie. Cookies are round.

Me: Cookies can be pretty much any shape. I know Oma will let you have cookies with whip cream for breakfast, but I'm not Oma. No cookies.

(There was no getting by me on this one; Oma had left at 5 a.m. for Branson, Missouri of all places.)

She looked at me, put her hands on her little hips and replied with anger in her voice, "When I'm a grown up, I'm going to live all. by. my. self."

Me: OK, then you can have cookies for breakfast any time you want.

Flynn: Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

2 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Sometimes I eat cookies for breakfast - but I make sure to sneak them when the kids aren't looking so they can't think they can, too.

You have to earn the right to eat cookies for breakfast.

radioactive Freak said...

I had cookies for breakfast just today actually.

No one was home so I thought it was ok.


-RF